Blinky is an Wifi enabled RGB LED Christmas light Controller currently in active development and targeted for release via Kickstarter 2020 ( originally 2019 ). While there are a large number of connected RGB LED controllers on the market, they all have their limitations and none are specifically designed to control Christmas lights. On the other hand there are a number of kits or DIY Christmas light projects that require expensive hardware or complicated software configurations that the average individual might be quite intimidated by. Blinky is designed to bridge that gap with an interface simple enough for kids to use, but powerful enough to create complex patterns and sequences.
Based on the popular ESP32 hardware platform. Blinky features both bluetooth LE and Wifi connectivity. Messages are sent Via and MQTT broker ( the same method as Google Home and Alexa ) allowing the device to theoretically be controlled from anywhere.
The interface is built for both iOS and Android and features a number of different color pads and sequencers as well as pre defined light patterns.
Other Features include;
- 200 Pre-existing and customizable light patters using both a simple setting and a pattern builder.
- Wifi connectivity allows the device to be controlled from any distance.
- Hot Updates ( iOS application can burn new firmware directly ) .
- Compatible with all major LED strands and chips ( WS2811, WS2812, Neopixel, WS2801, WS2812, etc. ).
- Companion Alexa skill allows you to change patters via voice command.
- Integration with Spotify to create a musical equalizer effect ( using FFT ).
- Amazon Alexa
- Creative Technology